Geoffrey Omedo of UNDP elaborated on the UN-Joint work being supported by DFID.
These are some of the programmes that UNDP is implementing under StARCK+:
- Supporting counties to mainstream climate change in their CIDPs through the CIDP indicator handbook.
- Climate finance: UNDP has completed the Climate Change Public Expenditure and Budget Review (CPEBR).
- Developed a charcoal NAMA for Kenya which is being considered for submission to the NAMA facility.
- Developed and implemented sustainable charcoal production technologies in Taita and Kwale Counties.
- Are working on charcoal eco-labelling for sustainable charcoal value chains
- Supporting KEREA with clean energy platform (USSD).